HIRE - Adelaide Only - Birth Pool in a Box Regular Size & CUB Stool - Price Inclusive of Refundable Deposit
*If you are due within 6 weeks please contact Birthmother prior to ordering so we can confirm availability. Contact Us
*This hire is for a Birth Pool in a Box regular size and a CUB stool for 6 weeks. Pick up from 37 weeks gestation.
* A $100 security deposit has been added to the hire price, this will be refunded to you after your hire and accessories have been returned to us. So all you are really paying is $259 for the hire of a birthing pool and CUB for 6 weeks. The birthing pool hire comes with a liner and a fully equipped kit.
* We encourage you to book a birth pool in advance. We do understand that you would like to wait to be cleared by your obstetritian for home birth towards the end of your pregnancy, however you do run the risk of not being able to secure one. Our cancellation policy is that you may cancel anytime during your 37 weeks, letting us know soon after seeing your obstetritian to cancel to be reimbursed the full amount, less $10 administration fee.
You can make the most of hiring out a full birth support package that includes a Birth Pool in a Box, a Comfortable Upright Birth (CUB) Stool for 6 weeks. For now we are only hiring out birthing pools for Adelaide residents.
With the birth pool, have the water birth you have always wanted, or enjoy your labour in a warm comfortable space, Birth Pool in a Box is highly recommended by birth professionals for its durability and comfort. It is BPA and phthalate free, it has a very comfortable cushioned floor and seat which comes in handy after baby is born. It also features a cup holder and handles.
The birth pool hire comes with a full kit and liner, this means you do not need anything else to use the pool.
* Option to purchase My Anchor Strap with your birth pool hire for an additional $25.00. My Anchor, is a single use adjustable strap to be used in the pool. It was devised after women stated that they would like something to pull on, whilst giving birth, or to help them change position in birth pool. It is strong, safe and very useful!
Birth pool & full kit include:
- Birth pool in a backpack
- tub for kit
- 1 regular size pool liner
- 1 x small pump (to inflate pool)
- 2 x blue colour food grade filling hoses up to 20 metres (in grey bag)
- 1 x larger pump (submersible)
- 1 x 25mm, 10 meter long clear hose for emptying pool (in green bag)
- 1 x tap adaptor
- 1x two way hose connector
- 2 x hose connectors (attached to blue hose)
- 1 x tap fitting (attached to blue hose)
- disinfectant concentrate in a small clear silicone bottle
- 1 x green hose bag
- 1 x grey hose bag
- 1 x puncture repair kit (for the just in case)
- Instruction sheet / equipment checklist
Pool specifications including pool weight when filled.
- External max length 193cm
- External max width 165cm
- External height 71cm
- Internal max length 142cm
- External max width 114cm
- Internal depth 66cm
- Water capacity 650 litres - 80% filled, 730 litres at 90% filled
- Filled weight with mother 730-770kg
The Comfortable Upright Birth (CUB) stool is a comfortable, versatile, inflatable support designed to help mothers adopt and maintain positions that are physically helpful for them and their babies during labour and birth.
Research has shown that upright labour positions can make labour itself shorter and giving birth easier, as well as reducing the risks of common complications during birth caused by restricting natural movement. The CUB support is a multi award winning, patented support designed to help mothers adopt and maintain labour positions that are physically the most helpful for them and their babies during late pregnancy and childbirth.
The CUB can be used throughout labour as a comfortable support, either to sit on, rest on or lean over as well as to give birth to the baby on, squatting with support, all fours supported, asymmetrical kneeling. Also provides support with epidural. The CUB is suitable for use in maternity hospitals, birth centres or at home-births.
Inflate your CUB as soon as you receive it. Familiarising yourself with it and its function will make for a more stress-free experience when your labour begins. However we do ask that you do not use the CUB to lounge on. If you have any problems or questions make sure you contact us ASAP so we can make sure you have everything sorted and ready for a beautiful birthing experience.
The CUB user weight maximum is 120kgs and it is made of bio-compatible PVC which can outperform many other materials in flexibility, strength, tear resistance and abrasion resistance. The CUB has a two separate inflation chamber safety system: so even if one chamber deflates the other will continue to safely support the woman. It complies with BS/EN14960 which is the required standard for the manufacture and testing of inflatables and is a class 1 CE mark registered medical device.
Pick up your hire from Westbourne Park, only a few kms form Adelaide City, SA. Once you have booked your hire online, you will receive an email confirming your booking, with a pick up address. Delivery and pick up service available 20 km radius of Adelaide City Centre for $30.00. If you require this service, be in touch with us to arrange after you have made your booking.